RECEPTIONIST SKILLS | Main Region
Receptionist skills & qualifications
What are the technical skills required to become a Receptionist?
- Excellent communication skills
- Possessing an eye for detail
- Having the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks at once
- Having proficient computer software skills (especially for organisational calendar applications and customer relationship management tools)
What are the soft skills required to become a Receptionist?
- Being able to maintain a high level of customer service at all times
- Being able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Having the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Being reliable, honest, friendly, and patient
- Being proactive when communicating with clients and customers
What qualifications do Receptionists need to have?
Do you need to study or go to university to become a Receptionist?
What does it take to be successful in becoming a Receptionist?
What do employers consider when hiring Receptionists?
- Healthcare – Hospitals, Medical Clinics, and GP Practices
- Real Estate – Property Management Companies
- Finance – Banks, Financial Services and Finance Firms
- Government – Education Departments and Law Enforcement Agencies
- Retail - Department Stores and Shops
- Media Industries - Television Stations and Newspaper Publishers
- Travel Agencies and Car Rental Companies