RECEPTIONIST JD | Main Region
Receptionist job description
What does a Receptionist do?
What are the key responsibilities of a Receptionist?
- Providing information about products and services to customers, clients and partners
- Answering or referring inquiries about business operations, policies, or procedures
- Carrying out clerical support tasks such as organising meetings, preparing presentations, collating data
- Scheduling and following up with appointments
- Copying, scanning and routing correspondence/documentation
- Maintaining filing systems in paper form or electronically using databases
- Answering telephone calls promptly
What is included in a Receptionist's job description?
- Handling incoming phone calls, directing them when necessary and taking messages within the established guidelines
- Answering general queries in person, by telephone, or email
- Booking conference rooms for meetings and presentations and ensuring that refreshments are available before meetings start
- Opening all post received into their organisation's mailroom, sorting them into client folders, distributing to relevant staff members and answering any marked priority items within required timeframe
- Ensuring visitors sign in on arrival in the reception area