Account Executive Job | Main Region
Account Executive Jobs in Australia
What does an Account Executive do?
What skills does an Account Executive need to have?
Account Executive job responsibilities
- Discuss objectives and meet the needs of the client through ongoing consultation
- Work with colleagues to devise a campaign which meets the client’s needs factoring in budgets and time constraints
- Deliver presentations about business plans, products or campaigns to prospective and existing clients
- Achieve set sales targets and manage the sales cycle
- Generate leads and attract prospective clients through networking
- Brief creative teams especially if you are working in the advertising industry
- Provide ongoing support to clients, with the goal of developing a strong rapport and creating positive brand awareness
- Resolve conflict if the client raises any concerns or issues
- Negotiate contracts and agreements
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Excellent understanding of CRM software such as Salesforce
- Collect, analyse, and present campaign information
What type of employers hire an Account Executive?
Account Executive qualifications
- Some Account Executives will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, communications, commerce, accounting, or marketing.
- High School Certificate
- Fluency in MS Office
- CRM knowledge
How much does an Account Executive earn?
How to become an Account Executive in Australia
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, communications, commerce, accounting, or marketing depending on your chosen industry is advantageous.
- Industry experience especially in sales is viewed upon favourably.
- Work on your core skills including communication, time management and negotiation.
- Knowledge of CRM software such as Salesforce.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.