Personal Banker Jobs | Main Region
Personal Banker jobs in Australia
What does a Personal Banker do?
What skills does a Personal Banker need to have?
Personal Banker job responsibilities
- Provide effective customer service and expert financial advice through a range of channels including phone, email, live chat and database systems
- Build long-term relationships and drive sales activity by informing customers of the available bank products which meet their financial needs
- Educate customers on the effective ways and channels in which they can bank - Drive cross-selling opportunities and track conversions
- Conduct outbound calls to promote and sell products and services
- Process applications on savings accounts, personal loans and credit cards
- Handle customer complaints in an effective and timely manner
- Update account information of clients and perform other administrative duties
- Forward on any enquiries to the relevant department such as mortgage enquiries to the mortgage specialist
- Display sound communication and effective conflict resolution skills
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Conflict resolution
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products, policies, and procedures
- Proficiency with banking computer systems and software programs
What type of employers hire a Personal Banker?
Personal Banker qualifications
- Those with a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business or accounting will be viewed upon favourably
- Previous industry experience in the banking sector
- Experience in consumer lending
- Customer service experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of banking systems and software
How much does a Personal Banker earn?
How to become a Personal Banker in Australia
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, accounting or similar will be advantageous
- Industry experience within banking or finance will be beneficial
- Work on your core skills, especially communication, time management and conflict resolution.
- Experience using banking software such as Oracle and CRM platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.