salary guide main
Hays Salary Guide Australia 2021
The annual Hays Salary Guide remains the definitive snapshot of salaries, workforce and recruiting trends for more than 1,000 jobs across the region. Our 2021 Salary Guide offers an overview of Australian industries and typical salaries at this point in time by job category and location.
The Hays Salary Guide FY21/22 for Australia allows hiring managers, business leaders, jobseekers and employees to benchmark average salaries and recruiting trends across a variety of different industries ranging from accountancy & finance to banking, construction, architecture, IT and many more.
Salary guide promo blocks
Check your salary
Find out if you're earning the salary you deserve with the Hays Salary Checker.
Download Salary Guide
Download the Hays Salary Guide to discover the latest salary trends in Australia.
salary guide main 2
Hiring intentions suggest rapid recovery underway
Following a year like no other, our Salary Guide reveals employers and professionals’ recruitment and career plans for the next 12 months. Based on a salary survey of close to 3,500 organisations and 3,800 skilled professionals, we explore current staffing levels, recruitment plans and hiring trends.
Key findings from our Salary Guide include:
- Almost three-quarters of employers say permanent staffing levels are either above or equal to their pre-COVID-19 point
- 47% of employers intend to increase their permanent headcount in the year ahead
- 64% of employers say skills shortages will impact the effective operation of their organisation or department
- 67% of employers will increase salaries in their next review
- But the value of these increases falls below employees’ expectations
- The resulting salary expectation divide must be managed sensitively if employers are to retain staff and attract new talent in short supply
In our Hays Salary Guide FY21/22 Australia you’ll also discover:
- Employee intentions for the year ahead
- The benefits jobseekers value
- Remote working practices
- Skills gaps
- Levels of overtime
- Salaries and industry insights for 28 separate specialist and technical areas
How to use the Hays Salary Guide Australia
How to use our Salary Guide as a hiring manager
You’ll also access insights into the latest hiring trends, skills in demand, benefits and key considerations to help strengthen your recruitment and retention strategy.
How to use the Hays Salary Guide as a jobseeker or current employee
You’ll also gain access to the typical benefits employers offer, such as flexible work practices, career progression and training, to ensure your entire benefits package is competitive. Plus, get an insight into your industry to learn how you can stand out in today’s jobs market.
To view our Salary Guide simply download a copy today.
Calculate how your salary compares to industry benchmarks
Search for jobs
Salary Advice | RH Menu
How to ask for a pay rise
How to reward staff when budgets are tight
How to decide who gets a pay rise
Discussing salary expectations
No pay rise? What to ask for instead
Will I get a pay rise in 2021?
What your desired salary should be?
Why it doesn't pay to inflate your salary
4 steps to negotiate your salary
More career advice