Excavator Operator jobs in Australia | Main Region
Excavator Operator jobs in Australia
What does an Excavator Operator do?
What skills does an Excavator Operator need to have?
Excavator Operator job responsibilities
- Operate heavy machinery in a safe and efficient manner on an open cut mine
- Excavate and move dirt, rock and other materials
- Load dump trucks for transportation of the ore to the stockpile or crusher
- Ability to use Hitachi, Komatsu, Liebherr diggers, dozers and loaders etc.
- Meet and exceed production targets
- Adhere to safety regulations and inspect work areas for any hazards
- Work with mine control, dump truck operators and production engineers
- Conduct pre-start checks and cleaning of equipment and machinery
- Fill out work reports and present to supervisors or management, with recommendations how to improve production and performance
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the operation of heavy machinery and equipment such as Dump trucks, dozers and loaders
- Open pit mine experience
What type of employers hire an Excavator Operator?
Excavator Operator qualifications
- Mine Excavator operators are qualified by experience Excavator licence/ticket by completing the RIIMPO320E Conduct Civil Construction Excavator Operations
- Driver’s licence
How much does an Excavator Operator earn?
How to become an Excavator Operator in Australia
- Not essential Excavator licence/ticket by completing the RIIMPO320E Conduct Civil Construction Excavator Operations.
- Industry experience in an open pit environment.
- Experience in the operation of Hitachi, Komatsu and Liebherr diggers and other heavy machinery and equipment such as dump trucks, dozers and loaders.
- Focus on time management skills and an attention to detail. Employers view these core skills favourably.