Auto Electrician jobs in Australia | Main Region
Auto Electrician Positions in Australia
What is the job description an Auto Electrician?
What are the requirements that an Auto Electrician needs to have?
Auto Electrician job duties
- Diagnose and repair electrical faults and computer-controlled systems used in automotive technology such as private, commercial, and industrial vehicles
- Determine if a repair, upgrade, or new installation is required and carry out the process accordingly
- Provide an accurate break down of the time and costs involved to repair the identified fault
- Calibrate and test any electrical components and wiring following installation, repair, or upgrade
- Service or replace defective electrical parts and wiring
- Order parts and equipment as required
- Install and test immobiliser, alarm systems and electrically operated accessories such as radios and air conditioners
- Install/upgrade accessories
- Test headlight strength and alignment
- Safely use hand and electrical tools
- Follow all relevant safety guidelines and procedures
Skills and experience employers are searching for
- Logical and clear thinker
- Problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Identify and diagnose electrical faults and issues with computer-controlled systems
- Competence with electrical systems and wiring
- Proficiency using tools and instruments
What type of employers hire an Auto Electrician?
Auto Electrician qualifications
- Higher School Certificate
- Manual C class driver’s license
- Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
What is the average salary that an Auto Electrician earn?
Requirements to become an Auto Electrician in Australia
- Completion of a Certificate III (Certificate 3) in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Hands on experience is crucial. Whether it is through an apprenticeship or other form of work experience, take everything in and be willing to learn at every opportunity.
- Work on your core skills as they could be the differentiator. Employers are placing significant value on problem solving and an attention to detail.
- Expand your skill set beyond common Auto Electrician roles. This may include learning about industry-specific automotive technology. There are substantial opportunities in the mining and construction sectors.
- Obtaining licenses to drive/operate heavy vehicles and specific machinery will enhance your resume and provide additional employment opportunities.
- With technology playing a bigger part than ever before, proficiency in new instruments such as diagnostic tools could be useful.