ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION | Main Region
Administrative Assistant job description
What is an Administrative Assistant's job description?
- Providing administrative support to management, employees and in some cases, clients and visitors
- Handling office ad-hoc duties such as answering phones, organising files, drafting letters and scheduling meetings
- Maintaining databases and tracking important deadlines
What duties does an Administrative Assistant have?
- Plan meetings and arrange conference calls
- Manage calendars via email, phone and face-to-face meetings
- Answers emails with an appropriate greeting, salutation, signature, or standard closing
- Arrange travel plans for managers and employees, including flights, car rentals, hotel accommodation
- Purchase airline tickets and other travel tickets when necessary
- Initiate contact with clients by email, letter, or telephone to answer questions or provide information concerning projects
- Follow up on client issues until they are resolved
- Supervise clerical staff
What responsibilities does an Administrative Assistant have?
- Coordinating travel arrangements and catering for meetings
- Preparing expense reports
- Developing and managing spreadsheets
- Scheduling meetings and events for business employees and potential visitors
- Managing front-end communication with visitors and clients
- Organising internal business operations
What does an Administrative Assistant's day to day look like?
- Answering phones and emails
- Managing calendars
- Drafting letters and preparing reports
- Organising files
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Handling office duties