We offer comprehensive outplacement services that your exiting employees can access to help them through their career transition.
We work with organisations to provide outplacement or career transition services following corporate or large scale redundancies, restructures or downsizing. Employers may pick and choose from our available outplacement or career transition services depending on your employees’ needs.
Outplacement training sessions can be provided on the following subjects:
- Tips for moving on from a retrenchment or redundancy
- How to plan your job hunt strategy
- How to identify what positions will suit you
- How to identify which positions you wish to apply for
- How to search in today’s recruitment market using multimedia tools
- How to tailor your cover letter to a specific role
- How to complete a resume
- What information is essential to your resume
- Tips for interview success
- How to predict what type of interview questions you will be asked using a role description
- How to predict what type of interview questions you will be asked using a job advertisement
- What types of questions should you ask in an interview?
- What to take to an interview?
- How to present at an interview
- Who to put forward as a suitable referee
Other career transition services include:
- Resume review and advice (per employee)
- Cover letter/ job application review (per employee)
- LinkedIn profile review and advice: how to increase your chances of securing a role by using LinkedIn
- Interview skills coaching workshop
- Job search techniques workshop: job search strategy & online job searching
- Dedicated support from a qualified career coach
- One-on-one interview preparation support
- Post-interview support – how to obtain feedback when unsuccessful in an interview
- How to negotiate your remuneration
Executive outplacement program
The Hays Executive Outplacement Program is a three month multi-pronged approach to finding your executives and staff the type of employment they truly desire. This program runs over a 3 month period, of the date chosen by the candidate.
The program helps executives overcome challenges and builds their confidence in moving into their next career chapter. Outcomes by the end of the three months are:
- Creation of a resume that accurately reflects achievements and which targets roles suitable to the executive
- Clarity over the direction the executive wishes to take
- A recruitment search that is relevant to the needs and wants of the executive
- An understanding of the hidden job market and how to utilise connections
All of the above are developed with personalised consideration of each executive’s own situation. A Hays expert will be dedicated to the program and provide individual attention by coaching, guiding, and supporting the executive through the program. The Hays contact will tap into Hays opportunities by liaising with Hays Executive Recruitment Consultants throughout the program.
Contact us to learn more or discuss your needs with one of our local teams.
Assessment and development form
Download our services brochure.
Enter your details to download more information and register your interest in our Assessment & Development services: