ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE JOB DESCRIPTION | Main Region
Accounts Receivable job description
What is included in an Accounts Receivable job description?
- Calculating, recording, inputting or processing financial data
- Preparing customer invoices based on accounting procedures
- Researching and investigating discrepancies in invoices to determine the accuracy of charges
- Matching payments to invoice numbers or sales orders
- Handling customer inquiries regarding billing issues
- Managing an Accounts Receivable ledger and Accounts Receivable files
- Submitting daily reports to management on accounts receivable operations
What does an Accounts Receivable officer do?
- Maintaining customer accounts
- Working with a billing system generating invoices
- Collecting payments
- Posting receipts in a timely manner
- Securing revenue
- Applying fair credit practices
What are the duties of an Accounts Receivable officer?
- Processing credit memos and refunds
- Raising and sending invoices to customers
- Posting payments to customer accounts
- Tracking overdue invoices and following up on them