Financial Controller Jobs | Main Region - UB
Financial Controller jobs in Australia
On this page:
Maintaining and coordinating effective financial control
Find my next Financial Controller job in Australia
Whether your next ideal role is a contractual one or a full-time permanent position, we can guide you to your next Financial Controller job.
Getting started with us is quick and easy. Simply send us your CV or contact us directly. You can also browse our list of available Financial Controller jobs in Australia.
Your Financial Controller job questions, answered
What does a Financial Controller do?
What technical skills do a Financial Controller need to have?
- Understanding of financial issues and drivers within a business
- Managing accounts payable, debtors and creditors
- Cash flow management, including payment forecasting
- Ensuring that internal controls are in place to protect against fraud or theft
- Manage external auditors for financial assessment matters
What soft skills do a Financial Controller need to have?
- Strong leadership, communication and management skills
- Detail-orientation paired with a strong ability to organise data and figures
- Enthusiasm for numbers across financial statements, cash flow reports and budgeting discussions
What qualifications do a Financial Controller need to have?
What is in a Financial Controller's job description?
- Overseeing budgeting and forecasting processes to drive financial performance
- Ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place to protect against fraud or theft
- Directing external auditors for financial assessment matters
- Analyse financial information and report on the findings
Are there lots of Financial Controller jobs available right now?
What can I do to improve my chances of finding a Financial Controller job?
What is the career path of a Financial Controller?
What is the average salary for a Financial Controller in Australia?
What type of employers hire Financial Controllers?
- Professional services such as Chartered Accountants
- Construction companies, such as architects and engineers
- IT firms, such as software developers and ICT support specialists
What technologies do Financial Controllers use?
- Microsoft Excel for data analysis and budgeting
- Microsoft Outlook for email and calendar management
- SAP software for financial reporting
- QuickBooks for invoicing and bookkeeping