Account Payable Job Description | Main Region
Accounts Payable job description
What does an Accounts Payable officer do?
- Processing of payments and financial transactions to suppliers and obtaining goods and services from suppliers promptly
- Liaising with finance officers and suppliers concerning stock management, financial records and accounts
- Verifying expense reports and querying invoice items from internal and external business finance officers
- Reconciling invoices
- Communicating with the wider Accounts Payable team and comparing system reports to better manage Accounts Payable processes
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Accounts Payable clerk?
- Entering invoices into the accounts payable system
- Processing payments
- Filing and maintaining supplier records
- Checking and verifying invoices
- Preparing cheques for payment
- Performing other ad hoc tasks as required by their supervisor
What technology does an Accounts Payable professional use?
- Accounts Payable software: An accounts payable software system contains a variety of functions that includes invoice processing, payments tracking, supplier relationship management (SRM), contract management and electronic banking interfaces. Common software programs include the likes of QuickBooks Online, XERO and SAP.
- Microsoft Office including Excel & Outlook: Commonly used email and software programs to help Accounts Payable professionals manage their time and responsibilities