How to apply for a role you’re overqualified for | Main Region | UB
How to apply for a role you’re overqualified for
Why apply for roles you’re overqualified for
Why is being overqualified seen as a negative?
- The applicant might be using the job as a temporary quick fix because they are currently struggling to find roles that match their qualifications and therefore there might be an increased risk of fast turnover.
- A more qualified teammate may struggle to adapt to no longer having a leadership position making collaboration challenging.
- They might get bored and/or unmotivated in a role if it doesn’t offer enough challenges or opportunities to growth.
- They might be expecting a higher salary, or a quick pay boost, bonus or promotion.
- They might need to refresh their skill set. Even with experience, if skills haven’t been kept current additional training might be required.