Drive your IT recruitment strategy with our insights
Australia’s IT landscape is constantly evolving – as are the skills employers require and the salaries and benefits offered to attract and retain suitable IT professionals.
To help keep your finger on the pulse of current salary, benefits and recruitment trends, each year we produce our annual Hays IT Salary Guide Edition.
Our guide remains the definitive snapshot of salaries and recruiting trends for hundreds of IT jobs across Australia and New Zealand. Our Australia Salary Guide offers an overview of the IT industry and typical salaries at this point in time by job category and location.
Our Hays Salary Guide IT Edition FY21/22 for Australia allows hiring managers, candidates and current employees to benchmark average IT salaries and recruiting trends.
Download our Contractor Rates Guide to discover the daily rates for more than 60 tech contractor roles and market insights from technology leaders across Australia.
Download Hays IT Salary Guide Australia 2021
Enter your details below to download a copy:
Hiring intentions suggest rapid recovery underway
Following a year like no other, our IT salary survey reveals employers and professionals’ recruitment and career plans for the next 12 months.
Based on a salary survey of close to 650 IT organisations and almost 300 skilled IT professionals, we found that a rapid recovery is underway.
In fact, the economic recovery is stronger than anticipated, with the jobs market not only recovering but expanding for IT professionals.
Key findings from our IT Salary Guide
- Just over three-quarters (77%) of IT employers say permanent staffing levels are either above or equal to their pre-COVID-19 point
- Over one-half (57%) intend to increase their permanent headcount in the year ahead, which is above the 47% average for all industries
- 68% of IT employers say skills shortages will impact the effective operation of their organisation or department
- 65% of IT employers will increase salaries in their next review
- But the value of these increases falls below employees’ expectations
- The resulting salary expectation divide must be managed sensitively if employers are to retain staff and attract new talent in short supply
Verticals covered in our Hays Salary Guide IT Edition
In our Hays Salary Guide IT Edition FY21/22 Australia you’ll also discover:
- The soft skills that have come to the fore
- Typical benefits on offer today
- Remote working practices
- Key considerations to help strengthen your recruitment and retention strategy