Your new company
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity in Pathology? Do you have a passion for performing accurate and reliable tests and investigations in pathology or medical laboratory operations? If yes, then we have an opportunity for you!
A reputable government department located in Sydney, NSW is looking for a Technical Officer to join their team for a temporary 3 -month contract.
Your new role
• Perform a variety of manual and automated tests and investigations in the laboratory using established methods and procedures
• Undertake other laboratory duties such as preparing materials, maintaining equipment, managing reagents and stock, and handling specimens
• Monitor, manage and interpret quality control results and troubleshoot problems
• Work in accordance with the values, policies, procedures and standards of NSW Health Pathology and the NSW Health Code of Conduct
What you'll need to succeed
• A Diploma in Laboratory Technology or an equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution with subjects relevant to pathology or medical laboratory operations
• Experience in Biochemistry/Haematology is highly regarded
• A national criminal record check
• A pre-employment health assessment and vaccination compliance
What you'll get in return
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team culture and work in modern laboratories and with supportive colleagues and mentors. In this role you will be able to grow your skills and knowledge through ongoing training and development. Make a positive difference in the lives of many people across NSW and beyond.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.